William N. Bynum
Husband of Gertrude Haley
July 1, 2008
Gertrude Haley was my husband's aunt, sister of Millie and of Charles Haley.
Today we have finally learned a few things about Gertrude and her husband. Until now we had very little info about her and have wondered about her life. All we knew was she married a Mr. Bynum. We have wondered where she lived and if she had any children. We'd love to make contact with her children or grandchildren. We are in contact with Charles Haley's family and we could have a reunion! Charles' family and Millie's family live in Northern California.
My daughter started the search for Gertrude as I have not been able to find her in the past and she has been successful in getting info from blogs, Rootsweb and GenForum message boards. She has spent an in creditable amount of time pursuing this the last couple of weeks. This is the material sent to her and passed to me.
William N. Bynum was born Mar 1, 1880 in Cookeville, Titus Co. TX d. Feb 2, 1954 in Little Rock, Arkansas, m. 1st Elizabeth Melvina Moon abt 1898. She b. Mar 1, 1880 Cookeville, Titus Co. Texas and d. Feb 2, 1954 Little Rock, Arkansas. I assume they divorced. He m. 2nd Gertrude Haley abt 1911 in AR. Gertrude was born Dec 1894 AR.
1. Minnie E. Bynum b. abt 1900 TX
2. Ethel M. Bynum b. abt 1901 TX
3. Morris Sheppard 'Bill' Bynum Nov 22, 1902 Texas d. Jan 12, 1935 in Olive View Sanitarium, Sylmar, Los Angeles, CA, buried Roosevelt Cemetery, Gardena, CA. He married Della Ruth Kelso Feb 25, 1927. She died Aug 2, 1998 in Des Moines, King Co. WA
4. Ralph W. b. abt 1908 AR
5. William M. Bynum, Jr. b. abt 1913 AR (child by Gertrude)
6. Kenneth W. Bynum b. abt 1916 AR (child by Gertrude)
Thanks to Leslie for providing the census for 1910-1930
Back to Haley page